Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Skeleton Garden - A Potting Shed Mystery(#4): Review

    This was a solid little cozy mystery! This is the fourth in Marty Wingate's Potting Shed series, and it's a mystery to me why I haven't read the previous three.
    The clues were provided, the characters were interesting and I loved them and I enjoyed the historical background. I adore anything that is set in WWII era or past, as background. The story was entertaining and fun to read.   There is a lot of British history in this book. 
The storyline is fast-paced. It's never gory and there isn't any potty mouth (for those of you who love mystery stories but are faint-of-heart or squeamish). The characters are engaging: smart and interesting and people you'd want to hang out with (except maybe the bad guy!). There is even a very sassy duck. I heartily recommend this to anyone who loves a cozy mystery, especially one set in the lovely English countryside.

Despite it being the fourth, it's so well-written you can read it as a stand-alone. But I won't deprive myself. I plan to read the first three as soon as possible!

All in all, I give this book ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥(9 hearts of 10) and an "A" for effort grade.


   I was selected to be a Chatterbox participant and I received free e-book in order to give an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment