Friday, October 28, 2016

The Wolf Road: A First-To-Read Review



      The Wolf Road is an intimate cat-and-mouse tale of revenge and redemption, played out against a vast, unforgiving landscape—told by an indomitable young heroine fighting to escape her past and rejoin humanity. The world as we know it has come to an end. Governments, buildings and infrastructure have crumbled in something old-timers call the Big Stupid, leaving the few survivors to fight, to claw, for survival. 
    As we follow Elka on her journey North, we get a rare glimpse into the hardships of solo travel and the loneliness that abounds in an uncaring world.  The Wolf Road is a narrative about survival of the body and the mind. It is ruthless, chilling and dark; but at times it is also compassionate and merciful.
I became surprisingly invested in the characters and their motivations.   
      
 I really did enjoy The Wolf Road and am keeping my eyes open for what Beth Lewis has next.


All in all, I give this book
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (9 of 10) hearts and an "A" for effort.  If I had actually bought the book, it would be one of my go-tos.
 I managed to be one of the lucky few to get to read this book as a reviewer. These are my honest opinions. 
 First To Read

No comments:

Post a Comment