Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Line Friday: Dec. 7th 2012 (18 days to Christmas)

Hey hey hey ya'll!!
Merry Christmas time to one and all! What ever joyous occasion brings you and yours together this season , I hope this Friday and lovely December day finds you happy and healthy.
I had wanted to start First Line Friday sooner. Like the Black Friday right after Thanksgiving. However, I'm in Wizard of Oz as the Wicked West Witch. Therefor, I've been busy last Friday. However, With 18 days until Christmas I've decided to go ahead and base this months FLFs on Christmas stories.

Marley was dead, to begin with. There was no doubt whatever about that. There is no doubt that Marley was dead. This must be distinctly understood, or nothing wonderful can come of the story I am going to relate.


These lines are the opening lines to THE best Christmas story ever written! I LOVE A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens! Sure, Dickens has written two other short holiday stories. Not to mention MANY other novels! However, when one thinks classic Christmas stories, the story of Ebenezer Scrooge, Bob Crachit, Tiny Tim, and the Three Christmas Spirits of Past-Present-and Future will forever be the first to come to mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment